Please send us your request here or visit the support in the top menu.
You can run a quick series of tests to ensure you computer or device can access and run BrightFish Reading:
BrightFish Reading is an online program for grades 2-10 that deconstructs grade-level passages into manageable chunks. In sequential, scaffolded activities, students “construct” the text, moving from words and phrases up to full passages. They build word recognition fluency, vocabulary and higher-order comprehension skills while practicing with on-level text that is relevant and age-appropriate.
Students choose from a wide range of fiction and non-fiction passages aligned to standards and Lexile® measures to accurately match readers with grade appropriate texts. Teacher-created audio and video feedback provides ongoing instructional support. And as students work through the program, they earn points that can be redeemed for fun rewards.
BrightFish Reading uses structured practice and gamification in a unique process that can help your struggling students master grade-level passages in days instead of months.
Once your child begins working in BrightFish Reading, the system will capture information from completed activities. To monitor your child’s progress, launch your Google Chrome or another supported browser, then follow these steps:
- Type in the link for the BrightFish@Home reports: https://home.brightfishlearning.com. Then type in your parent login ID.
- Type in your password.
- Click “login” to enter the site.
- If you’ve forgotten your password, you can select “forgot password?” to reset it.
You can click on the Summary Tile on your main report page to see more information. Reports are updated in real time, giving you an at a glance view of your child’s work. Here are a few things you can see from this report:
- View the summary data from the main page – total hours to date and minutes this week.
- See the current set of stories your child is working on, and how much time has been spent so far.
- Get an updated view of completed stories and how many stories are still available in the menu.
In your reports page, you can manage your account information and email our support team with any questions. To launch your menu and make changes, follow these steps:
- Click the three stacked lines at the top right of your page. This should launch your menu.
- You can view your class list, make changes to your profile, access this resource center, and email support.
- To exit the page, click “logout.”
In the BrightFish@Home reports, you can quickly monitor how your child is doing in BrightFish Reading. Here are a few highlights:
- See how many hours your child has worked in total and how many minutes this week
- Get an updated tally of how many stories have been completed.
- View the results of the Pre Test. Scores between 0 and 39 are in the frustration zone; 40 to 60 is instructional and 61+ is independent. This measure gives you a sense of how difficult the text is at this level for your child. Scores below 20 may mean that your child will need extra assistance or will need to be dropped to a lower level. Instructional means that this will be challenging but manageable, and independent means that this level is relatively easy for your child.